Founded in 2013, Corbel Capital Partners is an independent investment firm that makes non-control investments in the form of creatively tailored structured debt or equity securities in profitable, lower middle-market businesses. Corbel manages approximately $450 million of institutional capital on behalf of a worldwide network of investors through Corbel Structured Equity Partners, L.P. (“Corbel I”) and Corbel Capital Partners SBIC, L.P. (“Corbel II”). These investors include endowments, fund of funds, family offices, foundations, and high net-worth individuals.
Capital can be used to facilitate growth, buyout a minority partner, consummate a strategic acquisition, provide existing owners with limited near-term liquidity, or creatively finance and support independent sponsor buyouts. Corbel also offers differentiated strategic and operational support traditionally not offered by non-control investors and allows owners of businesses to retain control equity positions and the potential for later exit events.
- Offer flexible deal structures to allow for a tailored solution to fit needs such as recapitalizations, growth capital, acquisition financing and buyout of minority shareholders
- Representative operational support initiatives include, but are not limited to, strategic planning and direction, M&A strategy and execution, business development, personnel recruitment, operational analytics, systems scoping and implementation, financial controls design and implementation.
- EBITDA of $2-15 million
- Entrepreneur/family-operated businesses or financial/independent sponsor involvement
- Profitable, stable and growing businesses with strong industry positions
- Identifiable growth and value creation potential
- Typical investment structures include, but are not limited to: debt plus warrants, convertible debt, and convertible preferred equity
- Aerospace and defense
- Businesses services
- Consumer and retail
- Industrials and specialty manufacturing
- Software and technology
- Other sectors selectively